Change is in the Air

What happens when God tells you to move? You move! But sometimes I wish He would do the packing, purging, and organizing for me! Besides that wish, God has been challenging me to pay off debt, and to serve others more. I have been living in my current apartment for the last 6 years. ALL. ALONE. (Well...besides my cat, Madison). And in those 6 years, I haven't exactly lived to serve others as well as I could. My time was, well, my time. And I was very possessive with it. But a few months ago, I felt God nudging me to give up my time and start serving others, start pouring out my time for others. So....Laura Beth had proposed this option at the beginning of the year, and with some trepidation and serious thinking time, I accepted and have thus moved into their (their being Laura Beth, her husband Jeremy, and their 3 children, plus a dog) basement (and will also save money...wahoo!).



Today will mark my very first night starting out in this adventure. Needless to say, the kids are thrilled, but I am a bit nervous. This will take a lot of laying down of myself, a lot of sharpening of my character. It will not all be fun. There will be challenges and periods of serious growth...but at the same time, I know it will be wonderful to have others around me as I've grown somewhat lonely lately. And I do hope and pray that I can be a blessing to the Rhodes family as they are to me.


Change is never easy, but it is good when God calls you to it. So...when you step out in faith, this is what it looks like....


The empty storage unit that God provided within a half-hour of me asking for confirmation about whether this move was of Him or of me...yea...be careful what you pray/ask for...you just might get it...


And this is what a 2 bedroom apartment looks like in a 10x12 storage unit...yes...Tetris was my game when I was younger!



And the room as I was moving into it...


And now the semi-finished room....notice the mess on my table. Yep. My kitchen table followed me since I throughly enjoy having quiet times at it.




So here's to the beginning of a new adventure!


Comments

Popular Posts