Faithful through the Fire

When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;…
Isaiah 43:2-3

By your Spirit I will rise
from the ashes of defeat
The resurrected King
Is resurrecting me
In your Name I come alive
To declare your victory
The resurrected King
Is resurrecting me
Resurrected – Elevation Worship

It has been exactly 2 months since my apartment went down in flames.  That day I watched everything burn and I clung to the promise that God is still God and that He is good, even in the midst of the fire and destruction.  And now, I can shout it from the rooftops that He is God and He is good!  What could have destroyed me has only made me stronger in Him.  I cannot even begin to explain how many times He has provided for me in the midst of all of this.  There have been so many instances of His grace, provision, mercy, compassion and love.  He has used people to bless me beyond what I ever imagined or can comprehend. 

My school family poured out upon me and enabled me to buy a new wardrobe, shoes, computer and basic necessities.  I keep thinking also of the one student (I don’t know who it was), who donated a dollar, because “that is all they had and they wanted to help”.  It reminds me of the widow’s offering (Luke 21).  Even that dollar has been a huge blessing!

Since the fire, I have closed on a house, moved to Arkansas and started making this house a home.  My insurance has provided an opportunity to put new floors in the house, pay for a wedding and help get out of some debt.  Again, what the enemy could have used to destroy me, God has used to bless and provide.  I have not been destroyed; I have been provided for, loved on, blessed and seen His goodness in the whole process.

I wish I could explain all of the instances where “it just so happened” (because of God!), and how He has worked out the intricacies…..but I don’t even know where to begin!  Maybe in time I can share all of it.  But for now, He is my victory!  I have walked through the fire and not been singed.  He has been my constant help, strength, provider and He has resurrected me from the ashes of defeat because He is the Resurrected King!  All honor and glory to Him alone!



Comments

Popular Posts