Just for you Uncle

 My uncle reminded me recently that writing was an outlet for me.  I've been aware how much I miss it, but time just seems to sneak past me.  Life continues going day by day and the words don't make it to the page.  I'm hoping to slow down the ever busy pace that I have set in our family and find time to reflect, unwind and write again.  

Marriage and becoming a step-mom, even though it's been six years now, seems to have taken all my time.  And rightfully so in some ways.  My family has been a priority, but in that I have let the busyness of the teenagers activities be an excuse for exhaustion or "not enough time".  However, now that those teens are able to drive themselves, I am finding that I have pockets of time here and there.  And it is time to revisit the power of words.  

Writing was always an outlet for expression and for musings of my time with God.  The quiet mornings in His Word have continued over the years, but it has felt more like a to-do checklist and not a relationship.  I'd like to go back to that deep relationship of reading His Word, allowing lessons to pierce the heart, and sharing through writing some of those lessons...even if they are humble pie.  

I don't know who reads this (except my Uncle), but at least this is a place to document the seasons of life that God has brought me in and through.  And maybe, just maybe reader, you may be able to relate and be encouraged by God's faithfulness in all of the seasons of life.   

Comments

Uncle said…
Summer, I’ve missed your gleanings from your heart. I’m blessed by the way how you use words and express yourself. I have trouble translating my thoughts into the written word. Don’t lose or ignore that gift. If you have time, check out, mammoth Christian fellowship on YouTube, this past Sunday, December 10th. About 27:24 into the video. I don’t teach much anymore but occasionally he gets me up there. Gods joy is always there unlike happiness. Have a blessed Christmas, remember the reason for the season.

Popular Posts