Hello Mustard Seed!

"At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind...'The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor...'"

Luke 7:21-23


I find it amazing that these things were happening...and I also struggle with it like a Pharisee. Could all of this really have happened? I admit doubt has crept in, but if I doubt that, then I may as well be saying the whole Bible is a fictional story...and I know deep down that is not so.


And because of that deep conviction that the Bible is Truth, I step out in faith and believe that everything it says is true. That includes raising someone from the dead, as well as the sea parting and David defeating Goliath. I must, in faith, take it all as Truth. But if I do so, then shouldn't I also, in faith, believe that miracles still happen?


If "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever" (Hebrews 13:8), then I must have the faith to beleive that people can still be healed, sight can be restored and the dead can be brought back to life. God hasn't changed, nor will He. It is my mindset and lack of faith that has.


Our world is still full of Pharisees, we are still corrupt, and we still doubt. But God is asking His people to take a stand of faith, in His name...to begin to believe that the impossible is possible. That we, if we have the Holy Spirit living within us, have the power to give sight to the blind, "the lame walk, those who have leprosy (or any disease) are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised and the good news is preached to the poor." (Luke 7:21-23).


We have the power to heal - body and soul. So why do we hide this power...afraid of what the world may say? We must keep our perspective in place. This is our temporary home, our real home is awaiting us in eternity. What we do here on earth, can impact someone else's eternity.


I know my faith may be weak and I struggle with this, but God says...


"Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Matthew 17:20-21


My faith is small, but I am ready to move mountains for Jesus' sake. Are you?

Comments

Terry T said…
Me too!

Popular Posts